Dover Park Hospice (DPH), a non-profit organisation, was founded in 1992 to provide palliative care to patients suffering from advanced diseases regardless of age, race or religion. We are a member of the Health Endowment Fund, the National Council of Social Service and the Singapore Hospice Council.
We are currently looking for matured & committed individuals to join us for the following positions:
1. STAFF NURSES (IN-PATIENT & HOME CARE)
You will be required to work with the multi-disciplinary team to provide palliative care to patients with terminal illness and end-stage organ failure. The palliative management will include pain and symptoms management, psychological, emotional and spiritual care support to patients and their family members.
You will also ensure and maintain the standards of professional nursing practice and work effectively as a team.
- Degree in Nursing from a recognised institution
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience in an acute care or home care setting
- Palliative Care / ICU nursing training or background preferred
- Able to work 3 rotating shifts (for in-patient wards)
- Must be registered with the Singapore Nursing Board
2. RESIDENT PHYSICIAN
To work with the multi-disciplinary team to provide symptom management, clinical care, psychological, emotional and spiritual care to patients and their families.
- Basic medical degree recognized by Singapore Medical Council
- Minimum 3 years post-graduation medical school
- Experience working in palliative care settings is desirable but not essential as training will be provided
- Leads the team of nurses to provide medical consults to patients with advanced and progressive disease
- Formulates and review care plans with multi-disciplinary team to maintain standards of care and ensures safety of patients.
Assessment of new cases and performs on-call duties
3. SENIOR / MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER
- Degree in Social Work / Counselling or relevant qualifications from a recognised university
- Minimum 3 years direct practice experience
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience (for Senior Social Worker)
- Possess good team management and interpersonal skills
- Experience/Interest in healthcare, palliative care or family work
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
Render professional psycho-emotional, social and spiritual care and support to patients and their significant others and, in doing so, help them lead more meaningful and satisfying lives in the context of the situation where the death of a family member is imminent.
- Identify patient’s / family’s unique psychosocial needs
- Assess patient / family risk for psychosocial distress or complicated grief
- Assess and enhance patient / family strengths and coping skills
- Assess and enhance the responsiveness of the environment and connecting the patient, family, caregiver with community resources as needed
- Identify psychosocial interventions to be offered as part of the evolving comprehensive plan of care developed in accordance to the patient’s / family’s wishes and the interdisciplinary team
- Provide intervention for specific symptom relief and to reduce risk for distress
- Assess and manage psychosocial aspects of pain
- Screen for psychopathology and abuse and educate and intervene accordingly
- Evaluate the efficacy of treatment interventions
- Provide proper handover while away from work duty and when transiting patients to other care settings so that ongoing care for patients and their significant others are not compromised
- Be prepared to rotate among the three different services provided by the hospice
- Supervision and development of social workers (for Senior Social Worker)
Interested candidates are to email detailed resumes stating currect and expected salaries to:
Human Resource Department
Dover Park Hospice
10 Jalan Tan Tock Seng