Reporting to the Senior Physiotherapist, the Therapy Assistant is responsible for providing support to therapists before, during and after therapy sessions. He / She is responsible for supporting department administration and operations as well as participating in continuing education to further his/her knowledge in the areas of speech therapy, occupational therapy and physiotherapy as required by DPH.
He / She may work in various settings – DPH inpatient and day care. This role would require him / her to be diligent, flexible and resourceful.
- Minimum ITE/GCE “N” level or equivalent, or relevant therapy/rehabilitation support certification.
- Possess good basic communication in English, interpersonal skills and team-oriented personality.
- Physically able to perform manual handling.
- Ability to speak other languages (Mandarin, Bahasa Melayu, Tamil, etc.) and other dialects preferred.
- Prior experience as Therapy Assistant preferred but not required.