Dover Park Hospice is a non-profit, charitable organisation providing palliative care to patients suffering from advanced diseases regardless of age, race or religion. We are dedicated to be a Centre of Excellence for care delivery, education and research in Palliative Care. We are also a member of the Health Endowment Fund, the National Council of Social Service and the Singapore Hospice Council.
We are currently looking for matured & committed individuals to join us for the following positions:
1. Admin & Event Assistant (temp)
Period: 2 May to 31 October 2018
- source for online leads/donors for fundraising events.
- make cold calls and follow up with donors on their response to the events.
- perform administrative duties including filing, maintenance of Excel spreadsheets, preparation and mailing of appeal letters, etc.
- see to logistical arrangements and packing.
- help out on-site on event day and follow on matters after event wrap-up.
- any other ad hoc tasks as assigned.
Render professional psycho-emotional, social and spiritual care and support to patients and their significant others and, in doing so, help them lead more meaningful and satisfying lives in the context of the situation where the death of a family member is imminent.
- able to commit to work from May to October 2018
- GCE ‘A’ levels / Diploma in any discipline
- proficient in the use of MS Word and MS Excel
- able to work independently and as a team
- good communication skills
2. STAFF NURSES (IN-PATIENT & HOME CARE)
You will be required to work with the multi-disciplinary team to provide palliative care to patients with terminal illness and end-stage organ failure. The palliative management will include pain and symptoms management, psychological, emotional and spiritual care support to patients and their family members.
You will also ensure and maintain the standards of professional nursing practice and work effectively as a team.
- Degree in Nursing from a recognised institution
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience in an acute care or home care setting
- Palliative Care / ICU nursing training or background preferred
- Able to work 3 rotating shifts (for in-patient wards)
- Must be registered with the Singapore Nursing Board
3. RESIDENT PHYSICIAN
To work with the multi-disciplinary team to provide symptom management, clinical care, psychological, emotional and spiritual care to patients and their families.
- Basic medical degree recognized by Singapore Medical Council
- Minimum 3 years post-graduation medical school
- Experience working in palliative care settings is desirable but not essential as training will be provided
- Leads the team of nurses to provide medical consults to patients with advanced and progressive disease
- Formulates and review care plans with multi-disciplinary team to maintain standards of care and ensures safety of patients.
- Assessment of new cases and performs on-call duties
Interested candidates are to email detailed resumes stating currect and expected salaries to:
Human Resource Department
Dover Park Hospice
10 Jalan Tan Tock Seng