Dover Park Hospice (DPH), a non-profit organisation, was founded in 1992 to provide palliative care to patients suffering from advanced diseases regardless of age, race or religion. We are a member of the Health Endowment Fund, the National Council of Social Service and the Singapore Hospice Council.
We are currently looking for matured & committed individuals to join us for the following positions:
1. ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
- Minimum CAT / LCCI or relevant discipline
- Meticulous and attentive to details
- Able to multi-task
- Interested in accounts work and good with figures
- Knowledge of Navision system will be an advantage
Support the Finance Department to perform basic book-keeping tasks which include processing of payments, receipts, billing and data entry. Assist the Assistant Manager, Finance in the monthly closing of books and preparation of monthly audit schedules.
- Handle collection of all income for Dover Park Hospice
- Maintain proper accounting of receipts
- Key in donations received daily
- Reconcile the transaction history report to ensure they tally
- Record donations into Navision Donor module
- Printing of Thank You letters and donation receipts weekly
- Update all receipts including donations into the accounting system
- Prepare invoices and cheques, monitor receivables aging and follow up on outstanding invoices
- Prepare payment vouchers, issue cheques and petty cash reimbursements, and monitor payables aging.
2. EXECUTIVE, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Diploma in Computer Studies or higher
- Good knowledge in networking troubleshooting skill
- Good understanding of TCP/IP
- Good knowledge in installation of Microsoft Server and its applications such as CRM, SharePoint in heterogeneous environment
Support the IT Manager in hardware/software troubleshooting, 1st level networking troubleshooting, IT account management and administrative assistance.
- Assist to manage, monitor and troubleshoot applications, hardware and network problems
- Manage and troubleshoot the Active Directory and all network devices such as switches and firewall to ensure network is running efficiently
- Ensure security measures are effectively applied and maintained
- Set up system and network security policies and procedures, and conduct vulnerability assessment and penetration testing
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of the entire computer systems, application and network infrastructure in the organisation
- Maintain network and servers policies
3. STAFF NURSES (IN-PATIENT & HOME CARE)
You will be required to work with the multi-disciplinary team to provide palliative care to patients with terminal illness and end-stage organ failure. The palliative management will include pain and symptoms management, psychological, emotional and spiritual care support to patients and their family members.
You will also ensure and maintain the standards of professional nursing practice and work effectively as a team.
- Degree in Nursing from a recognised institution
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience in an acute care or home care setting
- Palliative Care / ICU nursing training or background preferred
- Able to work 3 rotating shifts (for in-patient wards)
- Must be registered with the Singapore Nursing Board
4. RESIDENT PHYSICIAN
To work with the multi-disciplinary team to provide symptom management, clinical care, psychological, emotional and spiritual care to patients and their families.
- Basic medical degree recognized by Singapore Medical Council
- Minimum 3 years post-graduation medical school
- Experience working in palliative care settings is desirable but not essential as training will be provided
- Leads the team of nurses to provide medical consults to patients with advanced and progressive disease
- Formulates and review care plans with multi-disciplinary team to maintain standards of care and ensures safety of patients.
- Assessment of new cases and performs on-call duties
5. SENIOR / MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER
- Degree in Social Work / Counselling or relevant qualifications from a recognised university
- Minimum 3 years direct practice experience
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience (for Senior Social Worker)
- Possess good team management and interpersonal skills
- Experience/Interest in healthcare, palliative care or family work
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
Render professional psycho-emotional, social and spiritual care and support to patients and their significant others and, in doing so, help them lead more meaningful and satisfying lives in the context of the situation where the death of a family member is imminent.
- Identify patient’s / family’s unique psychosocial needs
- Assess patient / family risk for psychosocial distress or complicated grief
- Assess and enhance patient / family strengths and coping skills
- Assess and enhance the responsiveness of the environment and connecting the patient, family, caregiver with community resources as needed
- Identify psychosocial interventions to be offered as part of the evolving comprehensive plan of care developed in accordance to the patient’s / family’s wishes and the interdisciplinary team
- Provide intervention for specific symptom relief and to reduce risk for distress
- Assess and manage psychosocial aspects of pain
- Screen for psychopathology and abuse and educate and intervene accordingly
- Evaluate the efficacy of treatment interventions
- Provide proper handover while away from work duty and when transiting patients to other care settings so that ongoing care for patients and their significant others are not compromised
- Be prepared to rotate among the three different services provided by the hospice
- Supervision and development of social workers (for Senior Social Worker)
Interested candidates are to email detailed resumes stating currect and expected salaries to:
Human Resource Department
Dover Park Hospice
10 Jalan Tan Tock Seng