The Palliative Care Centre for Excellence in Research and Education (PalC) was set up as a tripartite collaboration by Dover Park Hospice, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine and National Healthcare Group (NHG), in October 2017.
As the population ages, there is increased interest in the application of palliative care to non-cancer illnesses such as end-stage organ failure and dementia.
The PalC Centre Manager will be primarily responsible for the Centre’s day-to-day administration & operations, while supporting the Centre’s full spectrum of research and training initiatives and engagement programmes.
Reporting to the Centre’s Director, the candidate will:
- Manage the overall operations of PalC
- Position PalC as the preferred palliative training centre and oversee the efficiency and effectiveness of the Centre’s entire operations
- Initiate, develop and establish long term partnerships with corporate partners through talks, roadshows etc
- Create awareness and eventually grow and sustain the business and profitability of the Centre through short and mid-term plans and by carrying out the strategic plans of the Board
- Establish, implement and continuously enhance the Centre’s SOPs and ensure strict adherence by all
- Plan and manage the administration of the new Master’s degree programmes
- Assist in the preparation for programme accreditations
- Organise and manage events such as workshops, meetings and dialogue sessions
- Administer the procurement process
- Oversee the Centre’s human resource, accounts and admin staff
- Plan, manage and monitor programme budgets, expenditure and assets
- Provide secretarial support for annual advisory board, executive committee and working committee meetings
- A good bachelor’s degree from a recognised university
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position, preferably in an educational environment. Experience in business development and partnerships management will be an advantage
- Versatile in working independently and as an excellent team player
- Possess experience working with cross-functional teams, budgets, projects and vendors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel (intermediate level of proficiency preferred for Microsoft Excel)